Thursday, March 25, 2021

Crohn's Chronicles :: Entyvio Infusion 7.2

As I mentioned before, it took quite awhile to get on the schedule to start my 4-week doses. But I finally made it to that 4-week mark, and I was more than ready to get the new schedule started.

I arrived at the infusion center last Friday, got hooked up, and was so thankful to finally be receiving more meds. And then I got to the end of the infusion, and the nurse came to remove my IV...and we discovered that there had been a hole in the tubing, so a bunch had spilled out onto the tray next to me. I didn't notice, because my arm was on a pillow, and all of the liquid poured out away from my arm. And the nurse didn't notice until the end of my infusion. She wasn't sure how much I actually got, but wasn't confident I got even half of the meds.

I couldn't help it, but I just burst into tears. I have been beyond frustrated with this infusion center; if it was going to go wrong, it has, and the communication is a huge struggle. On Friday, I felt so done, but it's just not an easy/simple thing to find another infusion center. Because that would require finding another doctor. And going through all of the insurance approval processes again. So I am kind of stuck {for now}, hoping that we can get everything figured out and that I can get into remission soon. 

We had to wait for all of the approvals to come through, from the insurance {because it means they have to pay for another vial of meds}, the doctor {to see if I could get more medicine, or if I had to wait until my next scheduled infusion}, and the infusion center director {because it would require them using a vial on hand, not waiting for the insurance-approved vial to show up}. Thankfully, they were able to get everything squared away and I showed up this past Tuesday for round 2 of my infusion.



So I finally got my first 4-week dose. We'll see if this does the trick. And I'll be watching that IV like a hawk from now on!


No comments:

Post a Comment