Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Look Back at a Decade

Since we're starting a new decade, I thought it would be beneficial for me to sit and look back over the past 10 years. See what all has happened, what has changed, how much I have {or haven't} grown. But the more I looked back, the more I was overwhelmed by the grace and faithfulness of God. So I thought I would record that here, as a reminder of God's goodness to me. 

When the decade opened up {way back in 2010}, I was single, working as an Account Manager for an insurance broker, studying to earn commercial property insurance designations. While it wasn't my favorite job, it allowed me opportunities to travel, as well as serve in the 20s group at my church. I learned that I have a love of discipling women, and I was able to do that as a Bible study leader. 

And over the next 10 years, I got a front row seat to God's sovereignty and provision through work, ministry, and family...

I started dating Mike, got engaged, and then got married! We moved to McKinney, planted a church, saw people come to know, love, and serve Jesus. We closed our church and shepherded our people into other churches. By God's grace, we still have sweet relationships with many of these same people, getting to see them on a semi-regular basis. We bought a house!

I watched God provide a new job through a faithful prayer warrior who kindly asked how she could pray for my then-barista husband. I became an Executive Assistant at a local community bank, which ultimately went public, and acquired multiple banks. I stopped working full time but stayed on in a part-time, work-from-home position, and have now done that longer than I actually worked in the office. 

I was diagnosed with an incurable autoimmune disease, but have seen God use that disease to make me more dependent on Him. I have watched Him put and keep my disease in remission, repeatedly providing financially for the medication needed to do that.

We walked the heartbreaking road of infertility, losing 7 babies along the way. But in the midst of our sorrow, the Lord introduced us to the beautiful option of Embryo Adoption, through which I was able to give birth to my adopted babies! I became a mama to 3 beautiful snowflake babies, survived the first crazy year of twins AND 3 babies under 3 years old.

I have watched God miraculously heal a pituitary macro adenoma {tumor}...like, it was there on the MRI scan, and then it wasn't. I watched him cure my dad of prostate cancer. I experienced Him spare my life after massive blood loss from a retained placenta, and then provide healing after postpartum anxiety/depression. 

Now as the the decade has come to a close, I am married, busy being a full time mama to 3 toddlers {while also working part-time from home}. We are getting ready to serve as Community Group leaders in our church, praying for what the Lord has for us next in ministry. 

And I am absolutely overwhelmed by God's goodness and grace. To look back over the last 10 years and see all that He has done, all that He has provided...I am beyond thankful and completely humbled. As we look ahead to this new decade, as we plan and pray and dream, I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for our family. There can be a little fear and uncertainty, as we are not exactly sure what that will look like. And in the craziness of raising little people, it's sometimes hard to see past meal planning and just making it to bedtime. But I know that whatever happens over the next 10 years, my God is good and sovereign and faithful. I can trust Him whether we face heartache or joy. Because He has proven Himself faithful over and over. He will be the same in 10 years, a steady, reassuring presence. A generous, loving Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment