Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Goals :: December Check-In

Wrapping up my goals for the year! Whew :)


Goal #1: Drink 60oz of water every day
I again averaged about 30 ounces a day, and I had to work really hard for that...

Year Review :: Truth be told, I didn't shine on this one this year. It's really something I need to continue working on for my overall health, and I will continue to fight to drink a healthy amount of water on a daily basis.


Goal #2: Increase my fitness level
We faced a lot of sickness this month, so fitness {even our little walks around the neighborhood} took a nose-dive this month. 

Year Review :: Overall, I increased my fitness level from where I was at the beginning of the year. I still have a lot of fitness goals I'd like to achieve, but like I mentioned last month, I have to readjust my expectations on what that looks like in this season of motherhood. I still want to make it a priority; I want to be healthy! But I also don't need to freak out that I'm not running marathons {which I wouldn't do anyway} or attending all the mommy boot camps right now. There will be time to add in some more of those rigorous routine elements of fitness, but for now, I will focus on just staying active with my kiddos!


Goal #3: Listen to the Audio Bible daily
This month I listened to Hebrews 1-7.

Year Review :: I didn't listen to a lot this year, but I was consistently in the Word, so that's a huge win for me! I like having the Audio Bible as an option in this crazy season of motherhood. But I also feel like I was able to rely less on it this year and actually open up my physical Bible more.


Goal #4: Read 55 Books
I read 7 books this month, which got me SO close to my goal!


Year Review :: I didn't hit my goal of 55 books, but I'm ok with that. Reading 52 books is still a huge accomplishment for me, so I have no regrets on this one! I'll post my yearly review at the beginning of January, like I usually do :)


Goal #5: Participate in the #150hoursoutside project
This month we didn't get outside as much {again, due to sickness}. But I am so glad we both met and exceeded our goal for the year!



Year Review :: We exceeded our goal for the year! We ended up logging 202 hours of outside time, and I am so glad that we did this! I still want to increase the amount of time we spend outside, but I think this was a pretty good start, especially considering the craziness of our year!


Goal #6: Do something creative every month
I didn't do a single creative thing for myself this month, but I'm totally ok with that.

Year Review :: I am so glad I had this on my list this year. While I still have a laundry list of projects I wish I could be working on right now, I am thankful that I got to work on so many fun things this year. Having a little bit of a creative outlet is so fun and relaxing for me!


Goal #7: Be more intentional with discipling Eli and Maddie
This month, we focused on Advent. While we did the Shepherd's Treasure activities, I found that to be more of a fun Christmas activity thing, rather than an Advent one. But we did our Jesse Tree ornaments, along with our nightly Bible reading, and it went so well! Eli and Maddie loved reading a story every night at dinner time, and I really tried to focus on keeping our conversations on those stories and Bible truths throughout the day. 

Year Review :: I have really seen so much fruit from doing this! Eli and Maddie are still learning and piecing together general Biblical concepts, but it has been such a joy to watch them learn and remember simple Bible truths. I love singing songs with them, reading the Word with them, and talking about how good God is with them. This will continually be a challenge for me to keep conversations focused on Christ throughout our day, but I am so thankful for so many great resources!



No comments:

Post a Comment