Wednesday, May 1, 2019

2019 Goals :: April Check-In

Here's a look at April. Not too exciting this month, unfortunately...

Goal #1: Drink 60oz of water every day
I did a little better with this in April. I am still not drinking the entire 60oz of water every single day, but I am at least drinking water every day. I am not quite sure why this is such a mental hurdle for me. I will just keep pressing on...


Goal #2: Increase my fitness level
The beginning of April wasn't so great on fitness. But I think the second half of the month shaped up a little better. Still mostly walking with the kiddos; I do have to say that pushing a stroller with 3 kiddos {which I calculated to be about 100 pounds}, can be quite the workout. I continued with some really basic living room cardio and hope to do a more specific plan in May.


Goal #3: Listen to the Audio Bible daily
I fell a little behind on this, so I have been playing catch up. I was able to finish the book of Deuteronomy and James. I also continued through the book of Psalms.


Goal #4: Read 55 Books
This month, I only read 4 books. But one was over 800 pages, so it took me awhile to finish it haha.



Goal #5: Participate in the #150hoursoutside project
We did REALLY well with our outside time this month! We pretty much spent time outside every single day it wasn't raining. 



Goal #6: Do something creative every month
Unfortunately, I didn't get to do anything creative this month. Maybe next month...


Goal #7: Be more intentional with discipling Eli and Maddie
We are still making our way through Play Through the Bible, but we took a break to do a few Easter-specific things. Mike actually works with the illustrator for The Shepherd's Treasure {think Jesus-centered version of Elf on the Shelf}. We had looked at doing this with Eli and Maddie this past Christmas, but with Aiden and all the year-end craziness, I decided to wait. We learned that they also have an Easter edition, so I decided we could go ahead and do that with them!

Each day, we followed the shepherd on his quest to find his lost sheep. There's a card for every day, along with suggested ideas on how to "pose" your shepherd for your kiddos to find him. Each card reveals a different part of Jesus' journey to the cross. They provide a shopping list so you can have everything prepared ahead of time, but it was all super simple {many items we had around the house}.

It was a great way to build the anticipation toward Easter! I did a recap of our journey here.


No comments:

Post a Comment