Thursday, October 11, 2018

Fall Bucket List :: Paint Pumpkins

So I had originally planned to paint actual pumpkins, but we haven't been to a pumpkin patch yet, and I don't know if I'll be brave enough to try painting with 2 {not yet} two year olds again haha. But since Grandma was here to help, and we really needed a distraction on a rough day, we decided to go for it on painting pumpkin pictures.

Of course, it took longer to set up and clean up than it did to actually paint, but...you know. I guess that's just how it goes :)

I printed out a pumpkin for each kiddo, then gave them a Mega Blok to paint with...they love playing with them, and I figured they would do better with those than with paint brushes. And I was right! 





Maddie was a little hesitant at first {which is the exact opposite of her first "painting" experience}, but soon got into dabbing the paint and "painting" her picture. Eli jumped right in from the beginning! It was a good thing I bought washable paint...because it was ALL over the place haha. They got more on the paper than I expected, and they didn't eat it, so I count that as a win!




I need to find some paint smocks for them for future art/craft projects, but I am glad that we did this little craft, even if it was a mess :)


No comments:

Post a Comment