Saturday, November 29, 2014

Winter Getaway

We spent the last week in Crested Butte, Colorado! With the crazy year we have had, we wanted to get away for a little bit, and we had the opportunity to head up to the mountains. We were SO ready for a vacation and some time away, and we had a great week!


This is proof I love my husband :)  Feels like -6...not even kidding.

Mount Crested Butte


We rented a little condo in Mt. Crested Butte, just across the street from the ski resort. It was a great find, and we were thankful for the place we got to stay. It was a great location, nice and warm, and a great space.


Not a bad view for the week :)

We chose Crested Butte because of the mountains and skiing, but also because we got to visit the Winns! This sweet family is a big part of our lives, as Scott has known Mike since he was in high school, was the first person I met at Woodcreek Church, and was the one who married us. Scott is now pastoring Oh Be Joyful church, so we got to visit when we got into town. Mike led worship, and we got to meet the Winns' new church family.



Mike and Scott jammin' before the service...I think they are both in their happy place :)

It snowed the first 4 days we were there, so we didn't go out too much. But when the sun came out, we got to walk around town, spend some time with the Winns, and play in the snow.




Making snow angels :)



But in reality, I spent most of my time like this:


Or this:

I may or may not have started and finished Season 3 of Gilmore Girls...

We went skiing on the season's opening day {and on Mike's 33rd Birthday!} Well, I should say that Mike went skiing and I went to ski school :) This was my first time to attempt skiing, so now I can cross it off my list!

With the birthday boy :)




The mountain was beautiful!


At ski school! 

Our instructor, "Rick the Hun" was a great teacher...but he definitely had his work cut out for him with me. Let's just say I was the remedial student in the class :) I managed to take out a fence and a class of small children {wish I was kidding}. I am glad I tried, but skiing is definitely not for me. Coordination is not my thing {apparently}, and falling down in the cold snow is just not my favorite. Mike had a great time though, and I'm so glad he had people he could go skiing with, since his wife was terrified of nervous about the ski lift :)




While we missed being with our families for Thanksgiving, we were thankful to spend Thanksgiving with the Winns. It was fun to meet and get to know some of the people they do life with now. We felt so blessed to have time with them, and we are thankful for how the Lord is using them to impact the community of Crested Butte.

We had a great trip, and we are so thankful for the opportunity to get away for a little while!


No comments:

Post a Comment