Saturday, May 5, 2012

His Great Name

The Lord has had this song on my mind and heart this week. It seems so fitting, considering the overabundance of blessings Mike and I have felt recently. 


But as the words have rolled around in and out of my brain throughout the week, I have been reminded of the truths expressed in the song. Right now, the words are easy to sing because I feel blessed and things are good. But my prayer this week has been that I can sing these words just as easily and with as much conviction when I feel tired, discouraged, alone.


Because the fact of the matter is that only one name- the name of Jesus- evokes such incredible peace, love, grace, healing, strength, POWER. And this fact is true regardless of where we are and what's going on. And it's an incredible thing that we can know the One with such power. And that the One with such power wants to know us.


I encourage you to read through the words and let them sink in. Let the Lord remind you of His goodness and His power. His name is GREAT.




Lost are saved find their way, at the sound of Your great name
All condemned feel no shame, at the sound of Your great name
Every fear has no place, at the sound of Your great name
The enemy he has to leave, at the sound of Your great name

Chorus:
Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us

Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up

That all the world will praise Your great name

All the weak find their strength, at the sound of Your great name
Hungry souls receive grace, at the sound of Your great name
The fatherless they find their rest, at the sound of Your great name
Sick are healed and the dead are raised, at the sound of Your great name

Chorus:
Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us

Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up

That all the world will praise Your great name

Redeemer, My Healer, Almighty
My Savior, Defender, You are My King

Chorus:
Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us 

Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up

That all the world will praise Your great name

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment