Monday, December 19, 2011

The Glory of My God

I was in Seattle last week for work and was able to sneak away for a few minutes to walk along the waterfront. I have been here before, but every time I stand on the pier and look out across the Puget Sound, I am amazed at just how absolutely beautiful it is. 

I love the feeling of standing at the edge of beauty, be it the ocean shore, the base of a mountain, or even the grandeur of a sunset...you know, the overwhelming realization of how insignificant you really are. It's certainly humbling, slightly terrifying, and yet altogether peaceful. Because I know Who is truly significant. And I am reminded of how great my God is and how utterly lost I am without Him. 

When I get to enjoy the rare moments of seeing how the heavens declare His glory and how His creation proclaims without question His handiwork, I cannot help but worship my God. And I am so thankful for the reminders He gives through His creation.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork."
~ Psalm 19:1


"Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all."
~ 1 Chronicles 29:11


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment