Monday, May 16, 2011

Maine, Graduation, and Some Promised Pictures

Last week I had the opportunity to travel to Portland, Maine for work. I'm a little sad that I spent most of my time in meetings and was not able to tour too much, but I am always thankful for the chance to get out of the office and do my work in fun places :)

We stayed at the Portland Harbor Hotel and this was the view from my room...

A view of the harbor at sunset...

You can't travel all the way to Maine and not have lobster! ;)

I caught an early flight home on Friday so that I could make it back to Dallas in time to be at my brother's graduation. I am so proud of him!! He graduated from DBU with a degree in Kinesiology and a minor in History. He will be continuing his education at DBU to earn his Masters in Kinesiology...he jokes that he is working to be smarter than me :) He has worked so hard to earn his degree, and I can't wait to see where the Lord leads him next!

With the happy graduate

Still in shock that it's actually official :)

A couple of weekends ago, I mentioned that Mike and I went down to San Antonio to visit my parents and attend a Couples Shower. My dad sent the pictures to me so (as promised) here are a few from the weekend...if you are wondering about the nametags, just remember that it wouldn't be a BSF event without nametags ;)

The BSF staff gave us such a sweet shower...

A couple of the hostesses preparing the dessert table...

Greeting our sweet guests...

It was such a blessing to see sweet people who have loved and prayed for us

So many people came to celebrate with us!

By far my favorite picture of the whole day...Mrs. Colette telling us that she had first dibs on giving us a baby shower when the time came haha

We stole away from the festivities for a few seconds to eat our food and my dad caught us :)


Opening presents :)

More presents...

I don't know why, but I just thought this was a funny picture :)

Apparently, Mike was excited about the coasters :)

We got our bedding set!

A little blurry, but a quick pic with my parents :)

 We ended our fun day of celebration by having some Mexican food. My dad was still in picture-taking mode, so he made us all pose in front of the fountain before we got our table...




I want to take a mental snapshot of life right now. Life is good right now. Life is exciting and I want to enjoy every minute of it, as well as remember all the fun we are having. We have been incredibly blessed by the outpouring of love and support from sweet friends and family. I praise Jesus for this sweet time. 60 days!! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment