Wednesday, September 15, 2010

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things...

This post is completely random, but here are a few of my favorite things right now :)

1. My New Bible: I recently decided that I wanted a new Bible. There was nothing wrong with my old one...it has been my trusty companion for 10 years now! I was sitting in church the other day, reading the notes in my margin from when I was in high school and college. It's amazing to see where I was during that time in my life! But I decided that I wrote down the most random things in the margins. And I apparently went through a phase where I underlined everything haha. So I decided that it was time for a new, more "grown-up" Bible. After some research, I settled on the ESV, and I love it! We're starting the Isaiah study for BSF soon, and we have already started the Acts study with the 20s group, so it's fun to start these new studies with a fresh (clean-paged) Bible.

2. Pumpkin: whether it's a spiced pumpkin latte from Starbucks, a sweet roll or muffin, a table decoration, or a great scented candle...it reminds me that fall is just around the corner!


3. This Kid: ok- this kid is hilarious! He's 15 and he does music videos in his room...he's just fun to watch haha! If I have had a stressful day and need to laugh- he's a good antecdote. the videos marked "with me" are the best because he just lip-synchs lol. Props to you, kid, for having fun and not being afraid to be yourself :)

Hehe

4. The Everlasting Treat: "Provides hours of mental stimulation; virtually indestructible for the toughest of chewers" = Sasha. This is one of the suggestions Laura gave me for keeping Sasha occupied while guests are over. It didn't last forever, but it did keep her occupied and quiet for a couple of hours :)

5. This Card (and the boy who gave it to me): it makes me smile every time I pass by it; it's so cute. Mike left it for me with a sweet note inside, and it's a reminder of how truly blessed I am to be with him!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment