Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Perfect Evening


I love the rain. Perhaps I love it even more tonight because we have had so little this summer. It is just such a welcome relief to the endless heat we have had. But I have always loved rain. I really enjoy a good thunderstorm too! It's such a fun reminder of how awesome our God is. I just seem to feel His power in the rolls of thunder. When I was little, I used to be really afraid of thunder. But now that I am older (and more grown up haha), I really look forward to hearing it. It means a good storm is coming! Lightning shows are fun and who doesn't enjoy seeing a rainbow when it all clears?

While I enjoy playing in the rain as much as anyone, I enjoy it more when I can stay home, curled up with a good book and cup of tea, and just watch/listen to it fall. It's so calming and relaxing. And probably one of my most favorite things in the world is to fall asleep to the sound of rain on the window.

So tonight I was able to stay home and enjoy the rain...curled up with the Word, candles lit, tea steeped, rain gently tapping on the window...the perfect evening :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you 100%! Last night was so peaceful and great :)

    ReplyDelete