Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Name is Written on His Heart

This morning I am blown away by the fact that the holy God of the universe loves me and wants to know me. Who am I that He is mindful of me, who am I that He cares for me? Tiny, insignificant, completely sinful me...and the Lord Almighty calls me His own and desires to be in relationship with me. My God loved me enough to die for me, and I am made holy because of His sacrifice. Before the foundations of the world, He wanted to call me His own and use me for His purposes. What an incredibly humbling reality to know that my name is written on God's heart...

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong, a perfect plea:
A great High Priest, whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on his hands,
My name is written on his heart;
I know that while in heaven he stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because a sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Praise the One, Risen Son of God!

Behold him there, the risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I am,
The King of glory and of grace!

One in himself, I cannot die
My soul is purchased by his blood
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Savior and my God
With Christ, my Savior and my God

If you have a relationship with Christ, I pray you live in the reality today that your name is written on His heart...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment