Tuesday, May 25, 2010

California Dreamin!

So California was really fun! My meetings went really well at the beginning of the week; now that I am no longer a newbie (like I was last year) and have a little more experience, I have a little better knowledge of what I am doing. Which really helps! Presentations went well, all of the meeting attendees seemed to enjoy their stay, and I even got to enjoy an evening of karaoke (hilarious!) and a scenic bike ride with co-workers/clients.

With clients

The whole group- my main client had to leave to be with her family as soon as we arrived, so we decided to take a group photo to let her know we were thinking about her.

At the top of a cliff on our bike ride

Once the meetings were over, though, the fun began! Laura flew out to meet me in California, and we enjoyed a fun girls weekend. It was such a blessing to just relax, enjoy the beach/pool, and spend sweet time with Laura. I am so grateful for the opportunity to extend my stay and enjoy the beautiful weather. It was definitely a much needed break from the craziness of my schedule. It was a great way to celebrate the end of various commitments and get a breather before I hit the books to study for my CPCU exam and head to Nicaragua!

 The view from our room :)

Doheny Beach

Sweet Friend!

We had to put our feet in the ocean just one more time...and we got soaked!

Laguna Beach

We visited a sea lion rescue/rehabilitation center

Sushi Laguna :)

Boat Tour on the Clemente

Out on the boat- it was a little windy...

We saw dolphins out on our boat tour- there were literally hundreds that surrounded the boat!

At the airport- it was a great weekend, but we were ready to head home to Texas!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment