Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh HGTV, How I Heart Thee

Ok. I have to confess...I am officially obsessed with HGTV. I love the entire channel- the concept, the shows, the designers, all of it. It is probably one of the most inspiring television channels that I have come across. Whether it's 24 Hour Design, Color Splash, Decorating Cents, Design on a Dime, Designed to Sell, Designers' Challenge, Divine Design, or Myles of Style (just to name a few of my favorites- haha), I just can't seem to get enough! It makes me want to run out, pick fun paint colors, and redesign my entire apartment! My creative juices are flowing, and I have this incredible desire to redesign my space. When I get a new job and move to a new apartment, I will have somewhat of a clean slate, which will be perfect! The greatest part of a lot of my favorite shows is that they show you how to do things yourself, on a small budget (which is exactly what I need!) I have been carefully collecting ideas and absorbing as much information as I can to expand my decorating knowledge.
 
According to the online HGTV quiz, my design style is Classic Casual with a hint of Old World, New Way. Classic Casual is also known as Transitional. It is a mix of contemporary and traditional. It is usually updated, graceful, and enduring. Old World, New Way is deep, rich, and regal but muted for a time-worn effect. Finishes are distressed, woodword is rough-hewn. It is a lived-in but luxurious old world style. I couldn't have described it better myself! And how fun is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment