Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Celebration Continued

I already like birthday #24 better than any of the others, mainly because it seems to never end! LOL. I celebrated with my family last weekend, and this weekend was a fun weekend too! Friday we had a fellowship for our BSF group. That was unrelated to my birthday, but still a fun way to hang out with my girls and spend a Friday night. And it was definitely an adventure! About an hour before we were supposed to meet, I found out that the power went out at the house that was hosting the fellowship. We had already cancelled this particular fellowship twice before, so I just couldn't bear to do it again. So our sweet hostess made the decision to go forward in the dark! We lit candles, collected flashlights, and even tried our hand at building an outdoor fire. Several paper towels, matches, and a dental plan later, we had success! We had our own little BSF camping fellowship. And yes, we roasted s'mores.

Our set-up outside:


Roasting marshmallows

My girls were such good sports! What a fun memory...

The power eventually came back on, so we headed inside for a rousing game of Moses Taboo. That's right. We are studying the Life of Moses this year and one of the girls created her own Taboo game that related to our study. It was so fun and most definitely BSF!

Saturday I got to spend my birthday with Laura, and she took me to Forth Worth. We spent the day downtown; we ate lunch at Cantina Laredo, walked around visiting a few shops, and went to see a movie. We drove down to the stockyards in hopes of doing something that is unique to Forth Worth. Unfortunately, it was not quite what we expected. The rodeo was in town, so it was super busy. We could have handled that, but after passing row after row of motorcycles and their bikers and then coming across a massive amount of cow poop in the parking lot, we decided to go to Sonic for Dr Peppers instead. It was such a fun day, and I am so grateful to Laura for making it a great birthday! Somehow, we made it the whole day without taking any pictures (which makes me VERY sad), but I did manage to get a picture of the cookie cake she got for me. Laura said it showed our priorities- lol. I say: well, cookie cake is pretty important.


Today, my sweet brother came to church with me. It was nice to go to church with him; it's been a long time since we have done that, and I was really grateful to worship with him. He came to 20s group with me too, so I was able to introduce him to everyone. I was most definitely a proud sister! I can't help it. He's pretty amazing. After church, he took me to lunch for one of my favorite things: sushi! He is my sushi-eating buddy, so it was good to pick out new things to try. And catching up with good conversation over raw fish...it just doesn't get any better than that. He really is the best brother in the world, and I am so grateful for the restored relationship that God has provided to us. It is so fun to have him in the same city, and I am grateful for the time we get to spend together.

I am so grateful to everyone who made my birthday special. I have felt so incredibly loved in the past couple of weeks, for more reasons than just my birthday. I am grateful to God for the way He has comforted and loved on me in recent days.

No comments:

Post a Comment