Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's 2:00 Somewhere

I’m sitting at my desk, clacking away at my computer. I am up to my eyeballs in contract negotiations, sales slips, deposit letters, and marketing materials. It has been a busy day. A good day, but a busy one nonetheless. And then comes that time…
 
Maybe you can relate. There comes a point in every work day when you just seem to hit a wall. You know what I mean? That mid-afternoon wall where the energy from lunch has worn off and you can’t seem to focus any more. You could fall asleep right where you are, and we all know that would just be bad for business. For me in my office, at about the same time every day my boss and I start checking our clocks. Just a peek here and there. And then we start noticing each other check out the clock. And we both have the same thing on our minds. Happy Hour.
 
You know what I’m talking about. That happy little time of day when Sonic offers half-price drinks. That’s right- that 2 to 4 o’clock window when you can take a break from the lull of the afternoon to go in search for a heavenly pick me-up. And with 168,894 possible drink combinations, how can you resist? Small, Medium Large, Route 44…Lemon-Berry, Limeade, Raspberry Iced Tea, Ocean Water, Dr Pepper…and who can forget all those add-ins? And I don’t even have to say it, but when the drink of your choice is half-price and it comes with the most amazing ice ever invented by man…no wonder it is a happy hour.
 
So me, my boss, and our lovely intern became addicted to Sonic drinks over the summer. We frequent Sonic Happy Hour a lot. It's almost a daily thing in our office. It's the perfect mid-afternoon pick-me up. And although there are 168,894 drink combinations, our order is always the same: 1 large Dr Pepper (me), 1 large Diet Coke with Vanilla (Boss Bear), and 1 Coke with Cherry (Baby Bear). Half price. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment