Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Morning!

I am enjoying the last few moments of my night's sleep. Trying to savor that last ounce of rest before I have to get up and start a new day. I am in a sweet reverie, willing the alarm clock not to go off just yet. When all of a sudden, I get that sense of another presence in the room. I feel something close to me...something very close to my face. I get that sense of someone staring at me...the feeling that my mom told me she used to get on Christmas morning when my brother and I would come in to wake her up. It's kind of a strange feeling...that feeling of someone just staring at you. I feel hot breath on my face, and I catch a whiff of...doggie breath? I am forced to open one eye, only to behold this:


My sweet baby has come to greet me; she wants to make sure she is the first one I see when I wake up. She is not touching me- I don't feel a cold nose. She is not licking my face. She is just as close as she possibly can be to my face without touching me...and she's just staring, waiting for me to open my eyes. And this is how Sasha has chosen to wake me up the last week or so. As soon as I open my eyes, it's all over...the morning greetings begin. She is kind to only offer her paw first, and then the licking of the face commences. Once I am thoroughly awake and out of bed, Sasha feels I owe her many thanks for such a warm and friendly morning greeting, so she rolls over for her morning belly rub. With Sasha so happy in the morning, it's impossible for me not to wake up in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment