Saturday, May 6, 2006

Praying Through the Difficulty

So I am still working through this disappointment thing, but God is faithful. I can't let myself forget that. He loves me and wants the best for me. He is sovereign, all-knowing, all-powerful, and faithful. I got a note in my box from my secret sis...and of course it was the perfect words at the perfect time (and no she didn't even know what was going on with me). I saw it as a sweet kiss from God and was reminded of several things.
 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today...the Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." ~Exocus 14:13-14
"But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and strainging towards what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 2:13-14
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" ~ 1 John 3:1
 
Yeah, so basically God's voice was popping out of the card.
 
So now what? I have no earthly idea. Not a clue. However, this weekend I will be spending my time in prayer and meditation about it. Finals are over so I can finally devote more time to that and really seek God's face regarding this summer. I have a couple of options that I am praying over...some include San Antonio and the convention center, some include Waco, an OA position, and an event planning company I was going to apply at for the fall anyway. I don't know. These are just some options that have become available...I don't really know what God's thoughts are on it, yet. So if you think about me this weekend, please pray that God reveal Himself to me and that He would let me know where He wants me this summer. Of course I have some thoughts on what I would want to do...but in my heart of hearts, I really do want to do His will. I don't want to choose the wrong thing. I am just struggling a bit on discerning what exactly that is. So prayers would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment