Friday, December 1, 2023

Advent 2023

For Advent this year, we are doing our Advent Blocks again, but we are also adding in the countdown wreath that we used at Easter from The Keeping Company. We set it up to countdown to Christmas, and we will be using Advent candles and their Advent devotional. I plan to light the Sunday Advent candles, but use battery-operated candles during the week. I figured that was safer ;)






For me, I signed up for a daily Advent email series from Every Woman a Theologian: The Right Prevail. It's supposed to be a more theological Advent series, so I'll be curious to see what it will be like :)



I am looking forward to entering into this Advent season. I had high hopes of having all of my Christmas shopping/wrapping/shipping-prep done by December so that I could enter into the season free of that stress and distraction...while I didn't quite meet that goal, I am close. And I will still be able to wrap things up earlier than usual and focus on the beauty and wonder and peace of the season. At least that's what I'm fighting for this year ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment