Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter 2023

We have been counting down to Easter for the past 40 days! I wanted to start introducing some practices of Lent to the kiddos, and I think that I was a little over-ambitious with the length of time. But that's ok. It has kept us a little more focused on Jesus over the last month, so that's still a win ;)

I found this countdown wreath from The Keeping Company {thank you, Granny, for the Christmas gift!}, and we have been reading a story out of this book each day. I still wasn't brave enough to actually light the candle, but we have plenty of time to do that in the future, especially since this can be used as an Advent countdown too! I will still want to tweak how we use this tool in the future, but I am definitely excited to keep it as a part of our Advent and Easter rhythms. 



We let the kids open their Easter baskets on Saturday, since Mike has to be at church early for the sunrise service. I tried to find some fun new activities for them {drawing books and painting projects}, and they got a new book, their Easter outfit, and flip flops for the spring!








We may not always do Easter baskets, but for right now, I want to celebrate Easter as much as we do Christmas. I want the kids to remember the traditions of pulling out our Easter books and counting down to the cross and the resurrection. I want them to be excited to celebrate their risen King, and we are praying that they one day put their faith and trust in Him. 

While we missed the Good Friday service {no thanks to a migraine, ugh}, we were able to celebrate with our church family on Easter Sunday! Mike was up early, helping with the sunrise service, and then with baptisms in both services. I'm thankful that we were able to snap a few photos this morning, despite all the busyness :)





Hallelujah for the cross! He is risen, He is risen indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment