Sunday, March 12, 2023

Weekend at the River

This past weekend, I was able to sneak away for another "Mommy Getaway," courtesy of my loving husband and a generous family in our church. This sweet family allowed me to stay in their home on the Rappahannock River, and Mike held down the fort at home :)

The weather was still pretty cold {with one day being cloudy and rainy, with strong winds}, and I had no internet or cell phone service. I was able to hole up in the house and watch the river flow by, curled up with my books and sweet tea. So it truly was a quiet retreat, and it was so restful!

I did venture out when the sun was out to walk around the property and explore a little. It was so quiet! Literally, the only sounds were the flow of the river and the rustle of the leaves in the trees. The wind was strong enough to rock the trees, which would creak, but it was so peaceful to be in the sounds of nature with no distractions.







The other sound was the meowing of this orange tabby haha. He was a persistent little fellow and super friendly. He greeted me when I arrived {I was warned about his possible presence}, and hardly left my side. When I was inside the house, he was at the myriad of windows, watching, waiting, meowing, pleading with me to let him in haha. He even tried to hop in my car when I was leaving. I honestly found his presence comforting; he made me feel less alone out in the stillness of the woods ;)





I spent most of the weekend curled under a blanket with my Bible and a couple of books. I finished by Bible study lesson, 2 whole books, and got to spend a lot of time in prayer and reflection. This whole weekend was a gift to my soul.



I am so thankful for a restful weekend away, free from all distractions. I am thankful for the generosity of church families who desire to share and bless others with the gifts God has provided to them. And I am thankful for a husband who makes weekends like this possible. My introverted heart is full :)



No comments:

Post a Comment