Thursday, July 14, 2022

Maddie Lost Her First Tooth!

Today was a big day in our house...Maddie lost her first tooth!

A few days ago, Maddie called out to me during nap/rest time, really worried and upset about something. When I went to see what was the matter, she showed me that she had a loose tooth!



She was really nervous about it, unsure of what was going to happen. We talked through what she could expect, as I tried to reassure her that it was not going to hurt, that not all of her teeth would fall out at the same time, and that she would, in fact, be able to eat after she lost just the one tooth :)

It came up several times over those couple of days, but today it was mostly forgotten. And then all of a sudden, I heard Mike say "go show Mommy!" and Maddie came around the corner with a big smile on her face, holding out her lost tooth! She was BEYOND excited. I asked her if it hurt or felt funny, and she was so relieved to say, "Mommy, I thought it would hurt to lose my tooth, but it didn't!"



We are not going to do the Tooth Fairy, but I wanted to have a little surprise to celebrate this big milestone. Unfortunately, I thought we had some more time before it came out, so she is patiently waiting for her surprise to arrive in our Amazon delivery haha. 

Losing her tooth is all she can talk about now! She keeps talking about how it happened, when it happened, and what she thinks her fun surprise will be. She is also offering her brothers all the advice on how to lose a first tooth :)

So proud of this brave, beautiful girl! Now I'm off to shed a few tears over how big she's getting so fast...



No comments:

Post a Comment