Monday, July 18, 2022

Celebrating 11 Years

This past weekend, we were able to celebrate our 11th anniversary! 

It actually started earlier in the week when Mike came home a few days with some fun gifts...flowers one day, a cookie another day, and chocolates another. Just sweet surprises when he came home to let me know he was thinking of me :)



We exchanged our gifts on our actual anniversary {a whiskey sampler for Mike, and a Mama getaway for me}, but went out to celebrate on Sunday. We decided to try a sushi place in Arlington; its fancy-ness was probably lost on us, but we still enjoyed it. 

Bluefin tuna with hokkaido uni



We then went around the corner to The Little City, an arts and humanities district in Falls Church, where we got some ice cream at Lil City Creamery. 




Mike asked me if, when we got married 11 years ago, I could have imagined celebrating our 11th anniversary at a sushi restaurant in Virginia...and I can't say that I could have haha. When we got married, I signed up for McKinney, TX. Virginia was not anywhere on the radar. Nothing outside of Texas was. But God had different plans, and I wouldn't change any of it. I love our life together, and I'm grateful that God knows better than we do.

We're so thankful for one of our elders and his wife for volunteering to watch our kiddos while we got a fun date night out. The kiddos were having the time of their lives building paper airplanes the whole evening! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment