Friday, April 29, 2022

Our Turn for Covid

After 2 years of doing all we can to avoid Covid, it finally found our house. Or at least we know for sure that it hit Mike. Thankfully, his case has been mild, with just some cold symptoms and fatigue. He is on day 4 of quarantine, but we think he's starting to turn a corner.

We decided to isolate him in our bedroom, just in case we could somehow avoid the rest of us getting sick. I have worn a mask when delivering him meals, and God has been gracious to keep us healthy! Now we just need him to get better so we can get back to normal.

I say that the kids and I have been healthy {and we have}, but a couple of weeks ago, the kids and I had what we thought was a cold, though it was the shortest cold ever. Mike got it, but it hit him harder, and his symptoms have stuck around for a lot longer. The kids and I never tested positive for Covid, and Mike finally tested positive a full week after his symptoms showed up, and his symptoms have been consistent from day 1. So either he had our cold and then got Covid on top of that and the two illnesses bled together, or the kids and I had a super mild case and gave it to him. 
  • Aiden had a 101 degree fever that lasted 12 hours. That's it. 
  • Maddie also had a 101 degree fever that lasted 12 hours, but she had some congestion and a slight {kind-of?} cough that was gone in a few days. 
  • Eli had a 99 degree fever that lasted 8 hours. That's it.
  • I never had a fever, but had congestion for 2 days. That's it. {The shortest "cold" for me on record!} So maybe allergies?? 
  • Mike never had a fever, but has had congestion and a cough, now for 2 weeks. 

So again, who knows whether or not the kids and I had it. But I am incredibly thankful that we have been spared from the severity that Mike has had, and thankful that his case has been mild. I am thankful that I have been feeling better {with a little more energy}, as I have needed it the last week of solo parenting in quarantine! And I am thankful for our church family that has checked on us and extended endless offers of help. We didn't need it this time, thankfully, but it is so comforting to know that we have the help if we need it. A huge blessing living far from our families.

I'm thankful for protection for the past 2.5 years, that we got to see a mild variant this far into the pandemic. I'm thankful for vaccines that have given us an extra level of protection, and I'm thankful for God's continued healing and strengthening of my body, making it a little easier to face a Covid exposure.


No comments:

Post a Comment