Monday, April 18, 2022

Celebrating Easter 2022

We have been counting down to Easter using the ABC's of Easter from Tiny Theologians. It has been good alphabet practice/review, plus a good way to introduce varying parts of the Easter story.




We also used our Resurrection Eggs again this year, but I added the book Benjamin's Box. I liked the book as a supplemental story, but I do have 2 cautions: (1) be careful to distinguish between the actual Bible events and this fictional story, and (2) know that while the book is not graphic, it seems very heavy, especially for younger kids. I don't think that's a bad thing; I think the point was to show the reality of Jesus' suffering, but the focus seemed to be on Benjamin's sorrow {he felt like it was his fault, and I don't think the sin aspect was explained very well}. Just my two cents :)

We made resurrection rolls again this year, and the kids told me how the rolls represented the empty tomb. There seemed to be a lot of finger-licking during the process this year, so it's a good thing we only made a few to eat for ourselves so we weren't sharing germs haha.









I did Easter baskets for the kiddos, to help emphasize the excitement of the day. They always get a new book, and then I try to include small items, things they can wear, crafts, etc...usually courtesy of Target's dollar spot or Dollar Tree :)  They were so excited to run down the stairs and find their fun surprises!




We were really thankful to go to church for Easter this year! The kids have really enjoyed being in Sunday School with their friends and sweet teachers, and I am so glad to be back worshipping in person. We rounded out the day with a fun Easter egg hunt and dinner with friends.




Happy Easter! He is risen!


No comments:

Post a Comment