Tuesday, October 1, 2019

2019 Goals :: September Check-In

September felt off in a lot of ways...I definitely got out of some good rhythms, but also started a few good new ones. So we'll see what next month holds!


Goal #1: Drink 60oz of water every day
Meh. I probably averaged about 30-40oz a day. Not awesome, but not terrible.


Goal #2: Increase my fitness level
Hahahahahaha. Yeah, this definitely didn't happen this month. I found comfort in my "I workout. Just kidding. I chase twins." shirt. Surely that counts, right?


Goal #3: Listen to the Audio Bible daily
I started going to BSF again {yay!}, so I have been listening to the verses for the week. I don't listen to as many chapters, but I listen to the same verses repeatedly throughout the week. So this month I listened to Acts 1-4.


Goal #4: Read 55 Books
I read 0 books this month. ZERO. My guess is that I probably won't hit my goal this year {I have read 38 total, so I'd have to read 6 each month going forward}, but we'll see how close I can get. 


Goal #5: Participate in the #150hoursoutside project
We still had 90-100 degree days, so our time outside was pretty limited. But we did get outdoors some mornings before it got too hot. We're definitely looking forward to cooler days!




Goal #6: Do something creative every month
This month, I worked on a wood/vinyl sign for my Grandpa's 90th birthday party. I also started working on some things for Eli and Maddie's 3rd birthday {what??}, but I will wait to share that until later :)



Goal #7: Be more intentional with discipling Eli and Maddie
I was excited to start this Fall semester! I finally made the leap to get back into formal Bible study; I have desperately missed it. It is WORK to get everyone ready and out the door and to class on time. But it's SO worth it. I am studying Acts and Letters of the Apostles with BSF, and I am really excited that Eli and Maddie {and Aiden!} get to be a part of the preschool program. They walk through the same Scripture that I do, so then we get to review it together throughout the week. Aiden's leaders send home these handy cards that help us review the lesson together each morning at breakfast. I love that their little hearts are learning {and even remembering} truth!


We are also currently walking through some attributes of God. I bought the ABC's Bundle from Tiny Theologians, so we review one attribute each morning. Right now, we're doing good to repeat the attribute name- they see the letters and associate them with other things they know. So they see "A" and I ask them "A is for what?" and their answer is "Aiden!" Every time. Haha. But we'll get there. I look forward to using and reviewing these cards a lot in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment