Friday, August 11, 2017

High Five for Friday!

{one} Eli and Maddie are mobile now, so they are ALL over the place. And it happened FAST. Seriously, one day they were crawling from me to Mike a few feet away, and the next they were crawling all over the house. They love exploring, and for the most part, I just let them go. It's super cute when they get going together, because they just giggle as they're chasing each other around the house. Eli is also pulling up on everything, trying to stand on his own. So while it's a super exciting time around our house, it's also a new wave of exhaustion for this twin mama :)

{two} I mentioned back in March that I was wanting to practice a bit more of my hand lettering. Well...I have twins, so I haven't done much haha. It's so hard to find time! And my perfectionist nature has made me hate everything I have worked on. I want to be good on day 1 haha! I know that's not realistic, but it has kept me from really practicing or making any progress. Kind of like analysis paralysis. So I decided it would be good for me to go back to the very basic of basics. So I started the 90 Days of Drills challenge from Two Easels, and I'm LOVING it! It has been the perfect place for me to start, and I am actually excited about diving deeper and building my skills. It will be slow, well, #becausetwins. But here's to my lettering journey!


{three} I am also really excited about starting a new Bible study with Laura! I have desperately been needing to be back in the Word, and it has just been so hard with the twins. We listen to the audio Bible every morning during breakfast, and I listen to sermon podcasts throughout the day while I'm feeding the babies. But it's just not the same as sitting down and digging into the Word. I thought about going back to BSF, but now that babies are mobile, I can't keep them with me {and can you imagine that craziness, anyway??}, and they are just not ready to be left yet. So my sweet friend suggested that we do a study together. And I am so thankful. We have done studies together in the past, and I can't wait to dive deeper into Ephesians this time. 

{four} So this is completely random, but I thought it was funny. Another twin mom posted a Lost Sleep Calculator for Parents. When I plugged in our stats, I started laugh crying. 6 months. We have lost 6 months of sleep. Our babies are only 9 months old! Haha. But this is not an exaggeration. THIS is life with twins. We wouldn't change it, but hopefully this explains why we have disappeared from so many things, and why we may seem like weirdos these days.  :)


{five} We have a new niece! Charley Claire was born on August 7th, and she is beautiful! We are finally able to go meet her tomorrow, and we can't wait to snuggle with her. In particular, big sister Presley Kate is SUPER excited to introduce her baby sister to "E-why" and "Maggie"  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment