Friday, December 9, 2016

High Five for Friday!

I'll be honest...all of my days seem to blend together now; I have a hard time remembering what day it is. I tend to operate in 2-3 hour increments. But Fridays are still a big deal around here because it means that Mike is home for the weekend! Which means reinforcements :) 

{one} Eli and Maddie had their one month check up today {a week late}. They have already grown SO much! Eli is now 8 pounds, 13 ounces and Maddie is now 9 pounds, 2 ounces. Definitely puts this mama's heart at ease, after they had lost so much weight at the beginning. It's crazy to think that they are already 5 weeks old. It has been the longest and shortest 5 weeks of our lives haha. Being parents to twins is definitely hard in so many ways, but we are still so thankful and loving this precious time. And just because they're cute...


{two} My dad's surgery went really well! He is home recovering, and I am so glad that he is taking all of December off to do that. The doctors are confident he is now cancer free, but he will go back in 3 months for more testing to confirm. Continued prayers for the cancer to be gone are very much appreciated. 

{three} So the cold weather has definitely arrived! We had our first freeze of the season last night. Crazy Texas going from 80 degrees to 20 degrees. I guess since it is December, it was about time.  I was actually telling Laura the other day that having babies in November worked out well, since I would want to hibernate in the colder months anyway. So being home bound right now isn't so bad! I don't mind staying inside where it's nice and warm :)

{four} So this is the first year since I was diagnosed that I haven't blogged for Crohn's Awareness Week. I have been a *little* busy :)  So this is my short PSA for this year...this year's theme is #IBDvisible. Because IBD is often an invisible illness, there is a lot of misunderstanding surrounding these diseases. By sharing my story, I can help give a face to the disease. I still hold out hope for a cure, but I am so thankful that I have been able to achieve and maintain remission now for almost 4 years. And I am thankful for the modern medicine that has allowed me to do that.


{five} There are 16 days left until Christmas. How did THAT happen?? We decorated the house, but other than that, I haven't really thought much about Christmas. We don't really have much planned, since babies are still so young, so it will be a low key, quiet Christmas. I have done zero shopping and am not really confident that it will happen this year. I mean, it will. This is just the latest I have ever started or thought about Christmas haha. Thank goodness for online shopping! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment