Thursday, March 8, 2012

Counting Down...

...4 more 4:45am alarm clock buzzers.

...241 more commute miles.

...I think I can, I think I can...   :)

It's hard to believe my last day at work is next Wednesday. In an attempt to make the transition as smooth as possible, I am busy trying to wrap things up in the office. I am conducting interviews to find my replacement (which is weird), transferring files/information, attending "going away" lunches/parties, fulfilling exit interviews, and cleaning out my office...it's all a little surreal.

In other more random news, Peabody (my beloved Mazda) hit 110,000 miles!

Please forgive the blurriness of the photo. And my apparently dusty dash.
And the fact that this photo was snapped "on the go"  [tattle-tale speedometer...]

Soon after I hit the milestone mileage, it cost me $1arm and $1leg to fill up my gas tank. It just reminded me that the blessings of my new job couldn't have come at a better time. My goal (realistic or not) is to keep Peabody around for another 110,000 miles, so drastically cutting my commute is just one step closer to reaching that goal. And the gas savings won't be too shabby either!

Happy Thursday!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment