Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hello Summer!

My crazy schedule has officially come to an end :) BSF is on break for the summer, my big work projects/meetings are over, and I am done with studying!!! I took my CPCU exam on Monday, and I cannot tell you how relieved I am for it to be behind me. When I arrived at the testing center, they got me all checked in and then informed me that the internet was down so I would not be able to take my exam and would have to reschedule for next week. Two problems with that: my testing window closes on the 15th (meaning I have no choice but to take it before that date) and I will be in Nicaragua next week. So I spent the morning on the phone, trying to find a compassionate soul to help me reschedule at another testing location that same day. God was so good and put me in contact with a sweet lady who went out of her way to help me. I thought I was going to have to wait 4-6 weeks to find out my grade, but I think that because of all the hassle it took for me to even take my exam on Monday they took pity on me and graded it early. And I passed! Even though I am leaning toward not moving forward with my CPCU designation, it is still nice to know that the long months of studying were not in vain. I had prayed for a miracle, and it's still nice to pass :)

Now that everything is done, I am really excited about the summer. Someone asked me the other day what I plan to do this summer. I shared about my trip to Nicaragua, then said that after that, I am not planning anything :) I am most looking forward to not having any set plans for the summer and just taking the opportunity to rest, spend time with the Lord, hang out with friends, catch up on reading, make some trips home to see my family...whatever comes up! The thought of no scheduled plans is simply wonderful!

So next up: Nicaragua! I am definitely looking forward to this trip. I can't believe it's already here and we leave on Sunday! This trip is the culmination of a lot of work the Lord has been doing in my heart over the past year, so I am excited to finally be able to go and serve. I look forward to the ministry opportunities we will be a part of while we are there and to being used by God in any way He chooses. I have been praying for the Lord to prepare my heart for the things He will teach me and show me while we are there. I just feel so blessed to be able to take part in His work in supporting the missionaries who have given up their own comforts to serve and love the people in Nicaragua.

While we are there, we will be working alongside OneByOne ministries. Their goal is to reach Nicaragua's children and youth with the gospel of Christ, and then provide them with a strong education to improve their lives. We will also have the opportunity to work with House of Hope, which is a vocational center for women wanting to leave prostitution. Our team plans to blog about our time in Nicaragua, so if you would like to follow us, please click here. We would appreciate your prayers for the Lord to be glorified in all that we do and say.

Countdown to Nica: 3 Days!
Photobucket

1 comment: