Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Hero is Coming Home!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! After serving his country for 10 months in Iraq, my cousin is finally coming home! I got a SUPER excited (and rightfully so) text from my aunt today saying that he was in Kuwait and would be back at Fort Bragg within the next 48 hours. Thank you for all of your prayers as we have watched and waited for his tour to end. God kept him safe and is bringing him home safely, so my prayer is that my unbelieving family recognizes God's hand of protection over his life. None more so than him.
 
I am proud to be a part of a military family and am deeply grateful for all of the men and women serving in our armed forces. I can't even express in words the appreciation I have for the sacrifice of brave men and women, who leave their homes and family to ensure our freedom. They even ensure the freedoms of those who don't really understand the value of their own freedom. Freedom is such an expensive commodity and, sadly, so many of our countrymen's actions today cheapen it. To those who have fought for our nation, past and present, freedom has a flavor the protected with never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment