Saturday, July 11, 2026

National Archives Museum

We wrapped up our study on our founding documents - the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Bill of Rights - so we made a trip into D.C. to visit the National Archives Museum to see the originals! It is such a gift that we live so close to our nation's history, and that we have access to all of this cool history. 

I have to say, the fact that the museum is filled with a bunch of old documents, they made it as interactive and interesting as possible. At least, I thought it was fascinating, even if it wasn't the kids' favorite. But either way, it was still cool to see the pieces of history that we learned about in school. It seemed pretty historic to be seeing them as we just celebrated our nation's 250th birthday. 





The Constitution

Maddie with the 19th Amendment {women's right to vote!}

Emancipation Proclamation

Declaration of Independence


We are so grateful for the freedoms that were so hard-fought for in our country. And I absolutely love learning with this crew!


No comments:

Post a Comment