Sunday, October 29, 2023

Preparing the Bride

I helped again this year with our annual women's retreat at church, and this year we went to the Potomac Park Retreat Center in Falling Waters, West Virginia. Our theme was "Preparing the Bride," as we wanted to talk about the church preparing for the coming King.

There was months of planning, many meetings and helping at the registration table. But it finally all came together, and we had 90 women who made their way to the retreat site!





In order to bring the theme to life, I wanted to create the doors of heaven opening to reveal the marriage supper of the Lamb. Which sounded great in theory, and then I realized I would have to drive the church suburban and trailer haha. But my mom was my navigator, and the Lord graciously provided the right people along the way to help ensure I didn't have to personally back up the trailer at any point...so it all worked out just fine. We had wonderful volunteers to help set up at the retreat site, and it all came together in the end.












I was also a small group leader, and I really enjoyed spending time with the ladies in my group. We got to dive deeper and discuss each speaker session, and pray for one another.  Friday night, we had a bonfire with gourmet s'mores {because regular ones just won't do!}, and Saturday afternoon was filled with varying workshops and free time activities. My mom and I chose to go to dance lessons, visit the little shops on site, grab some ice cream at Potomac Perks, and then go to the skincare workshop. Otherwise, the rest of the weekend was spent connecting with the other women. There was no lack of something to do or someone to connect with, but it was a good weekend.










My heart is full. I am thankful for these beautiful ladies. and that I got to introduce my mom to them. They instantly embraced and loved her. Three years ago, I never could have imagined the relationships that would have been built; and God has just been so kind. It is a blessing to serve and laugh alongside them now; what a gift it is to know that we will one day be in the Kingdom together as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment