Sunday, August 14, 2022

Swim Lessons!

The past couple of weeks, the kids have been going to swim lessons! Yes, I realize it's the end of the summer...but it's the time that worked in our schedule, and I decided it was worth doing anyway. They were all able to be in the same "pod" or class, since they're so close in age and basically on the same skill level. I wasn't quite sure how that would do, because they can often distract and feed off each other...but overall, they did really well, and I am thankful they got to get some more swimming exposure and practice. Definitely not fully swimming yet, but we'll keep working at it!




We usually got to the pool early, so we had some time to practice our patience while we waited for our lesson to start. I took the opportunity {and hopeful distraction} to take photos... :)







I tried to stay out of sight as much as possible during the lesson, so my photos are from a distance and not as good, but I tried to snap a few for the memories! 





Haha...Eli kept a constant death grip on his swim instructor



Progress was slow, but in the end, Eli was doing really well with his kicking {and held a slightly looser death grip on his swim instructor}, Maddie was finally able to jump in the pool with less hesitation, and Aiden was 100% floating on his back. So we celebrated with some frozen yogurt at Sweet Frog!





We are thankful for our patient swim instructor, and the kids have already started asking when they get to start swim lessons again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment