Saturday, December 4, 2021

National Cookie Day!

We celebrated National Cookie Day by making some Christmas sugar cookies! I {wrongly} assumed that I had red/green sprinkles, so we ended up just using all the colorful birthday sprinkles that I had. But the kids didn't seem to mind, and the mess was just the same :)

Making Christmas cookies was one of my favorite traditions growing up, and I love that I get to pass that tradition down to my kids. We took the easy route this time {box mix}, since I was running solo for this project, but we will make the real cookies from scratch in a couple of weeks with Grandma and Papa are here! I figure it will be easier, working man-on-man defense haha.




Singing while he works :)



Our colorful Christmas cookies!



I did have red/green icing, so we made a few with icing instead. The kids really like layering their icing in one large blob in the middle of their cookies...a unique method :)





We had such a fun morning decorating cookies, sneaking sprinkles, and eating the finished project! I love making memories with these cuties :)




No comments:

Post a Comment