Sunday, May 2, 2021

Texas Friends!

Laura came to visit! :)

We were so excited to have our first non-family visitors to Virginia. It was such a fun, sweet weekend, and we are so thankful for the time we got with our dear friends.

{We are so thankful for the COVID vaccines and for friends who patiently and graciously accommodate my health needs. It's not a small thing, and we are grateful}.

The kids had a blast! We spent as much time together as we could, but would take a break in the afternoons for everyone to rest/nap. As soon as Cooper would leave, everyone was asking when he was coming back. And there were constant questions of "will Cooper and baby Miles be there??" There were definitely emotion-filled toddler/preschool moments, but overall, it was so fun to see them all play together. And Aiden was just as much in the mix, excited to play with the big kids :)





We got to enjoy the beautiful weather and take our friends to explore a little of our area. We took them to Frying Pan Park to see the animals and have a picnic. It was a little windy and cool, but the little ones didn't seem to mind. They were just glad to be out in the sunshine, running and playing and climbing!

Checking out some chickens and bunnies





On a little nature walk

Climbing rocks


Cuties


Laura and I got the chance to take a drive out in the country to talk and get ice cream {while the hubbies manned nap time}. Of course, like always, I forgot to get a photo, but I actually remembered to snag a snapshot on Laura's last day here...because we needed proof she was here with me! :)


I am so thankful for this sweet friend, and I am so glad our families got to enjoy such good time together. I can't tell you how much it meant that she came all the way to Virginia to see me, and how much this time with her filled my cup. We miss our friends already, and can't wait until we get to see them again!


No comments:

Post a Comment