Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Trick or Treat :: Pooh Corner

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
~ Winnie the Pooh


Last night, we headed over to Ben & Lindsay's to enjoy dinner and some trick or treating with our cousins! We just ended up going next door to the neighbors' house {because, of course, bed time}, but we still had so much fun. Eli and Maddie enjoyed the festivities, and we are looking forward to many more fun holidays with cousins!







Despite what these photos show, I promise my children had fun haha...they just don't seem to like smiling for photos these days. And we were getting pretty close to bedtime...  :)

-------

So I am totally THAT mom. The one who gets just a little giddy about dressing the whole family in themed costumes. Our family costume idea was actually inspired by Eli...since he is constantly bouncing, we have often called him our little Tigger. So we decided he needed to be Tigger for Halloween. And thus, our family costumes were born :)

A lady in my Moms of Multiples group was selling a Tigger and Pooh costume for super cheap, and I was able to snag them pretty quickly. So all I had to do was get some pants for Eli, and he was ready. I don't think I have ever seen a cuter little Tigger :) 



Not digging the hat so much...

Total Tigger costume cost: $10


Unfortunately, the Pooh costume didn't fit Maddie, so we decided that Mike would be Pooh instead. We ordered some Pooh bear ears and a long sleeve yellow shirt from Walmart, and I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the "Pooh" letters and just ironed them on to a red t-shirt and sewed around the edges. Simple. My kind of costume!


Total Pooh costume cost: $15


No Pooh is complete without a honey pot! So Mike carried around his little honey pot to complete his costume haha. I actually took on the task of making Maddie's costume. Don't ask me how I completed it...it is kind of a compilation of several patterns and re-workings haha. But I used this pattern for the base costume and this idea for the "hat" or pot lid. I added my own details, making everything my own. For my novice sewing skills, I think it turned out pretty well! The main thing is that it fit...and people got the idea. Can't ask for better than that :)  I put her in black pants and a yellow long sleeve shirt underneath the costume. And she was just about the cutest little honey pot, I ever did see :)


Why me?!?!


Total Honey Pot costume cost: $20 {plus a whole lot of time and love from mama}


And finally, Piglet was the next easiest costume for me to pull together for myself. We ordered Piglet ears from Walmart, and I just added stripes to a pink t-shirt, and wore a light pink long sleeve shirt underneath. Again- simple.


Total Piglet costume cost: $15

I had a lot of fun getting our family costumes together. And I am thankful for a husband who is willing to indulge my creativity and desire for themed costumes. I am looking forward to coming up with our family's theme next year! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment