Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Don't Like Being Sick

So I have been sick for the past 3 days and it has been no fun. I finally went to the doctor today and found out I got hit twice: I have an upper respiratory infection and a stomach virus. Isn't that nice? Not only did I have to go off and get sick...I had to go off and get doubly sick. Haha. Blah.
 
My poor dog feels so neglected. She can't understand why I have been home the past 3 days and not wanted to play with her. She gives me the most pathetic looks, like "Mom, what's wrong? Why don't you want to play? Let me lick your face and make it all better." LOL. Gotta love her...
 
So, I have decided that being sick without my mom around is a bummer. I am 23 years old, sick, and just want my mommy. LOL. I can't help it. I have had a few people here offer to help...which I appreciate so much. But somehow, it's just not the same. Having mom 5 hours away made me realize that I am a real adult now. Why it took me this long (and me getting sick) to realize this, I don't know. Maybe I am just missing family. I am obviously completely capable of taking care of myself; it's just that I would rather mom take care of me when I am sick. There's just something about having mom around that seems to make you feel better.
 
So here's to you mom. For all you did when I was a kid to make me feel better. For staying up late with me, for rubbing my tummy, for holding my hair back, for knowing just the right things to make me feel better. Moms go unthanked for things like that...so thank you, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment