Sunday, December 9, 2007

Laura Says I Have Ladders

So, my amazing friend Laura says I have ladders when it comes to guys. Here is the Ladder Theory:
 
"The first thing to notice here is that a woman has not one, but two ladders. This is becasue in addition to the normal ladder, a woman also has a friends ladder. The friends ladder is where a woman puts guys that she considers "just friends". The problem arises because a woman never lets a guy know which ladder he is on. Obviously there is a huge difference, or gap, between these two ladders. All a man can do is "go for it" and make a move on a girl; ask her out, try to kiss her, write her a love note, or whatever. If he's on the good ladder fine. If he is on the friends ladder this is a case of ladder jumping. The man is trying to jump the gap from the friends ladder to the real ladder. The girl has two choices at this point: she can let him on the ladder and all is well, or, more likely, she can kick him in the head, and off the ladder. If you look you'll see that below the ladder is the Abyss (what was it Nietzsche said about a man being on a rope stretched over an Abyss?....well it's worse than he thought; there is no rope.) So the man falls into the Abyss. The Abyss isn't really as bad as it sounds. Mostly it's a period of self-loathing, embarrassment, and of course utter awkwardness with the girl in question if they are talking at all."
 
LOLOLOLOL. I laugh...but sadly, I have to admit that I have ladders. I really don't try to be mean to guys, and I try to give the right ones a chance...but I won't every understand the ladder-jumping. My brain just can't wrap itself around that idea. That's the reason for 2 ladders...it's not polite to force your way onto a ladder you were not assigned. Haha. And in my defense...I have never kicked a guy in the head, and I never create the awkwardness afterwards or stop talking to the guy; he does that all on his own.
 
P.S. The song from Carrie Underwood is HILARIOUS. I really do love my dog :)
 
 
Currently Listening: The More Boys I Meet, by Carrie Underwood (Carnival Ride)

No comments:

Post a Comment