Monday, February 5, 2007

Learning to Praise Him in the Storm...

So much is going on. I find myself constantly on my knees wondering where I am supposed to be in the midst of it all. I find myself begging God to show me His purpose in it all. Why does He have me where He does? What is He trying to teach me? What is He trying to shape in me? What aspect of my character is He chipping at? How am I supposed to look at the end of the storm?
 
I feel so lost in the storm. I feel like the waves are crashing over me, and I just can't seem to catch my breath. It's too much for me. Surely, by now, God would have provided some relief. But no. Not yet. It's still raining. All of my strength is gone...I am actually getting worried about myself. Haha. I am having too many of "those days"- at least too many in a row.
 
But as the rain is pounding down...I hear His still, small voice calling to me. Not giving me all of the answers. For the answers, He says "wait." But He is just telling me that He is there. "I am with you." Just telling me that He is not going to let me go. That He is going to see me through the storm. I am so overwhelmed by His mercy. As strong as the waves are...His mercy crashes over me that much more. And so I will praise Him. I will praise Him...because He gives...and He takes away. I will lift my hands. I will stand with my arms wide open to heaven, even with tears streaming down my face. God is God no matter what's going on in my life. God holds all of my tears in His hands and promises never to leave my side. So despite the fact that my heart hurts...I will praise Him in this storm.
 
 
Currently Listening: Praise You in the Storm, by Casting Crowns (Lifesong)

No comments:

Post a Comment