Friday, September 1, 2017

Starting the Journey to Baby #3...Here We Go Again!

Today I met with my RE to get the ball rolling on our next frozen embryo transfer! Now that I am cleared from all that tumor mess, we can move forward with planning for baby #3!

Yes, I just said that. Baby #3. Eek!

Are we crazy?? Maybe just a little :) But here's the thing...we knew when we started this embryo adoption journey that we would be having {hopefully, prayerfully} our babies close together. There are a number of reasons for that, but as crazy as it may sound to some, we are ok with it and definitely ready {already}! And because it can be such a process to get pregnant, we knew we needed to get started. 


It was so surreal to be back in my RE's office. It felt like we were just here. And to be honest, it hasn't really been that long since we "graduated" from her care to my OB {16 months}. But this time felt different. I was a little nervous, but more out of excitement than anything else this time. Before, it was all the nervousness of the unknowns and what-ifs. Today, there was not the same weight of grief and longing as there was before. In some ways it felt strange to be there, knowing that I had babies waiting for me at home. I actually cried in the waiting room out of the sheer gratitude for all that the Lord had done, and so excited about what else He might do with our little family.

The consult with my RE went so well! I have said before how much I love this doctor, but I just have to say it again. Because she's amazing, and I am just so thankful that the Lord provided her to us in this journey. When she came to get me from the waiting room, she gave me a huge hug, and it was such a sweet gesture, knowing how hard she has already worked to help us grow our family.

I will have to do a few tests to be sure my uterus is healthy and ready to carry another pregnancy. She will have to check for scarring and to see if my endometriosis has caused any problems. If I am cleared from that, then we can start planning for our frozen embryo transfer. If she finds any issues, then I will have to have another laparoscopy before we can move forward.

So we're praying that all is well, and we can start planning for a frozen embryo transfer in the next couple of months!


No comments:

Post a Comment