Sunday, August 25, 2024

Good Ol' San Antone

The last time I was in San Antonio was in 2020 when I went to my Grandpa's funeral {my dad's dad}. But the last time I had seen my mom's parents was in 2017, when we took the twins to meet them. So to say a visit was overdue is an understatement :)

I flew into Dallas and my parents picked me up at the airport and we hit the road for San Antonio. I'm thankful they were willing to make the trek with me, and it was fun to have that time with them. We stayed with my aunt and uncle, and I also had the chance to see some of my cousins {and their kids}. 

Our time was filled with yummy food and funny stories. And of course, there was Rummy. Growing up, I remember many times playing Rummy with my Grandma.








We made the trip back to Dallas and when we made at a stop at Buc-ee's, we ran into the beaver himself! We couldn't help but get a photo to send to the kids. When in Texas...  :)



I also got to have dinner with Michael and Vi and the girls, and it was good to see them too. I'm really thankful that I was able to take the time out of the busyness of our schedule to go visit family. And it was fun to be solo for a few days. But as much as I love the time away by myself, I was really glad to get home too. And I had the best welcome waiting for me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment