Friday, February 5, 2016

High Five for Friday!

{one} Our community group started walking through the Re | Engage marriage study. Mike and I are excited about this for a number of reasons. 1. We always want to find ways to strengthen our marriage. 2. We look forward to building community with a smaller group. 3. Our group leaders are none other than our sweet marriage mentors! We walked through pre-marriage and 1st-year-of-marriage counseling with them, and we are looking forward to walking through another marriage study with them, now that we're 4.5 years in :)

{two} Laura and I hung out on Tuesday for an early birthday celebration. We enjoyed lunch at Panera {one of my favorites!}, and then went to get pedicures. Such a treat! It was a fun and relaxing afternoon, and I'm thankful for the time to just hang out and catch up with her.

{three} For our first February date night, we headed out for some sushi! We both love it, but don't get it very often, so it was a fun treat. It was an early birthday dinner, so we decided to splurge!

Shiawase Japanese Restaurant #sushidate #sushiburrito

Date #4: Sushi! #wcsavethedate16

{four} Mike had to be in College Station for work, so I decided to tag along. I had never been to Aggieland and decided to check it out. We got into town Wednesday night and met with some friends for dinner. While Mike was working on Thursday, I walked around the A&M campus, explored the George Bush Presidential Library, and spent the afternoon reading in the MSC. College Station might not be at the top of many people's "must see cities" list, but I visit historical sites for fun, so I enjoyed my day of exploring! And plus, I loved being able to walk the campus where Mike spent his college days. 



{five} Mike left for men's retreat this afternoon, and tonight I'm heading to the If: Gathering Local at Woodcreek. I have heard people talk about it for awhile, but haven't really engaged with it. Since it was being hosted at my church, I decided it would be a good time to check it out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment