Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Xanga Posts

Before I blogged here, I blogged on Xanga; anybody remember them? Well, they did away with the site {sort of} so I lost all of my links to that blog. Thank goodness I had copied all of the posts into my files! I have spent some time uploading those posts to blogger, so that I can have everything in one place {and so I can reference back to those posts}. I didn't edit any of the content, though it was pretty tempting at times :)
 
While adding my Xanga posts here on this blog, I had the opportunity to read back through everything. Entertaining for sure! I realized a few things about myself in my early blogging days:
  • My writing was bi-polar. No joke- one post I was down in the dumps, the next I was happy as a clam. Talk about all over the place! If you feel that way when you read my posts now, I'm sorry! I will try to be better about that :)
  • I complained a lot. The time in my life is not one I am proud of as it relates to my spiritual journey. The Lord was teaching me a lot of things, but I was pretty stubborn. I read through those old posts and just shake my head at myself. Hindsight is 20/20 :)
  •  
  • I used a lot of dramatic wording. Again, if only I had the wisdom and maturity to see how ridiculous I was. It encourages me that I can look back and see my own immaturity; I hope that means that I will only gain more wisdom the older I get!
  •  
  • I didn't have many photos. Of course, those were the days before phones had cameras. It's crazy to think about how much blogging has changed.
I started blogging in 2006, mainly because I felt like I needed an outlet for the struggles I was facing at the time. I didn't know how to put into words the things I was struggling with, and somehow blogging made sense {?}. I eventually realized that my old blog had taken a tone I didn't necessarily want to continue forever, which is part of the reason why I moved to blogger in March 2009. I wanted to redeem my writing. I don't always post the most spiritual and/or redemptive posts; but I do try to be mindful of the things I do write about. And even writing this post reminds me of why I started blogging and even titled my blog the way I did. 
 
I love reading back through my blog; it's a great thing to have a record of your life, and it helps me reflect on where I have been. The Lord has certainly done a lot of work in my heart, but I know He still has so much more left to do. I love being reminded of how good He is: what He has done in my life, the prayers He has answered {and even graciously NOT answered}, and all He has taught me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment