Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Follow Up with OB

After our adventure to the ER this weekend, I had a follow up with my OB today. She didn't really tell me anything that the ER doctor hadn't already told me, but it was just confirmation on some of my restrictions. I'm not on bed rest, but I have to limit my activity pretty severely...no exercising, no lifting over 10 pounds, no vacuuming. So that should be fun.

My OB is great; I really like her. But it is an adjustment as I transition from my RE. I felt like I did something wrong by going to the ER this weekend, as she just wished that I had called her. I understand that she didn't have privileges at the ER I went to, and she would have preferred that I had called her first so that she could send me to a further hospital. Given the amount of blood and the panic in the moment, I can't say that I would do anything different. Again, she's great, and I know she is going to take great care of us. It's just always going to be a little harder for me, given our history. 

The good thing is that I got to see our little ones this morning! I didn't get to see them in the ER, so my heart feels a little better after seeing them wiggle around on the ultrasound screen this morning. They couldn't hold still long enough to get good photos. Mike said they already have behavioral issues :)


Baby A:
- Measuring 11 weeks + 5 days
- Heart Rate is 181 bpm

Baby B:
- Measuring 11 Weeks + 3 days
- Heart Rate is 168 bpm

Grow babies, grow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment