Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Celebrating 4 Years

Four years ago, I married my love. I had no idea what the next 4 years would hold, but I knew I was excited to start life with the cute guy who had stolen my heart. And now looking back, I can't imagine my life without my best friend.

We had a low-key celebration at home this year. When we were dating, I made Mike enchiladas from scratch and haven't done so since :) Every now and then, he will ask me for them, so I decided that our anniversary was the perfect time to give it a go. 

Being all domestic ;)

I roasted the chicken myself in the crock pot. Be impressed.

This recipe makes enough for 2 full pans of enchiladas. Lots of leftovers!

We enjoyed a quiet, candle-lit dinner at home, and then we snuggled up to watch the new Dirk Nowitzki movie- Nowitzki: The Perfect Shot. Mike is a Mavericks fan {no one is perfect}, so I knew he would enjoy the documentary. It was actually pretty good. I have a lot of respect for Dirk Nowitzki, and it was interesting to learn more about his story.


I am so thankful for this guy. He makes life fun, and he keeps me sane. It's hard to believe we have been married for 4 years, and we are ready for the next 40 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment