Tuesday, April 2, 2013

30 Days, 30 Verses {Day 2} :: James 1:19-22


"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."

~ James 1:19-22





The prayer today:

Lord, I pray that Mike is a man of patience and of peace. I pray that he leads by listening first, then by following up with godly and wise instruction. I pray that he does not give in to anger, but that he will allow Your Holy Spirit to control his responses. I pray that he would be known as a man who is a doer of Your Word, that instruction and wisdom from You do not go in one ear and out the other.



No comments:

Post a Comment